Aglaonema Stripes – Plant
₹ 1799 (-11%)
One of the most used interior landscape plants is the aglaonema.The aglaonema is easy to care for and can be maintained at the lower light levels often found in the home or office environment.
About Aglaonema Stripes
Aglaonema is also quite an undemanding plant considered to be a shade tolerant plant with glossy dark green leaves with white-cream color stripes. The leaves of the species are oval and the trunk is erect.
The plant is often grown in offices due to its unpretentiousness (this cultivar requires minimal care) and beautiful ornamental leaves.
Planting And Care
- Proper care for aglaonema starts with its proper placement.
- Keep the plant where receives bright indirect sunlight.
- Place your plant far from doors, air vents, and windows in order to ensure it won’t suffer from drafts.
- Fertilize the species at least 2 times per month.
- Water them from spring until autumn with an appropriate solution (1 teaspoon of soluble 20-20-20 analysis fertilizer and 1 gallon of water).
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry.
Aglaonema Stripes Care
The most preferred method for aglaonema propagation is propagation via stem cuttings, but can also propagate through seeds and root cutting.
Propagation by seeds– Take the fresh aglaonema seeds which are found at the base of mature plant flowers, wash the seeds in H2O mixed water or in acidic water, prepare the seed germination soil mix or coco-peat mix, spread the seeds at the top it and cover very lightly. Place it in indirect sunlight, recommended temperature for seed germination is 25 – 35-degree Celsius. It may take up to 45 -60 days for seeds to germinate.
Propagation via stem cuttings– Stem cutting is the most preferred method of propagation, cut the new shoots with minimum five leaves or old plant stem with a sanitized cutter and plant it into the soil or coco-peat mix. Place it in indirect sunlight, if the temperature is above 20-degree Celsius, new shoots will emerge from cuttings in 25-45 days.
Propagation via root cuttings– This method is the safest and assures success, the plant is separated from the mother plant with roots and planted in a new container and kept in indirect sunlight, newly planted plant starts building own root system in quick time like 5 -10 days. 15 -35-degree Celsius temperature is ideal for this method.