Chamaedorea elegans, Parlour Palm – Plant
- Brand: Hashmigreen
₹ 1499 (-13%)
This palm tree, with its long, graceful feather-shaped fronds, will add a tropical feel to your home and is especially well suited for screened patios and atrium.
What makes it special:
- Best air purifier plant.
- Easy to grow.
- Low maintenance plant.
About Chamaedorea Elegans
Chamaedorea palm is one of the most widely used indoor gardenings for bright interiors. Handsome, arching, green pinnate leaves, with 12 or more pairs of narrow leaflets per leaf, lend a tropical flair to indoor locations. This palm is a small, compact, usually single-trunked palm.
Clusters of yellow flowers in loose spirals may bloom in spring if enough light is present. Plants are dioecious. Leaves 5-8, spreading, pinnate; sheath 8-20 cm long, very obliquely open nearly to the base and tubular only in lower 1/3, short ligule apically on either side of the petiole.
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the 2 to 3 hours of sunlight is available, just avoid the darken area.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Chamaedorea Elegans Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.