Dracaena Mahatma Variegated – Plant
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Dracaena Marginata is a popular indoor plant that is often used to adorn homes and offices. These are some of the best house plants and make great additions to any home while requiring minimal care. Bright indirect light is best and they will take some morning sun.
Most Dracaena will tolerate lower light levels for some time with reduced watering frequency.
- This plant should be grown in bright indirect sunlight, but is known to tolerate lower light levels.
- It require well-drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Soil must never be allowed to dry out completely.
- This plant is sensitive to fluoride, which can cause discoloration.
- Water with distilled or non-fluoridated water.Application of Fertilizer
- Apply organic fertilizers during spring and rainy season.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in required light condition.
- Wipe the dust from the leaves with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove dead, decay and infected part of the plant.
- For insect attack apply neem oil or any organic insecticide.
Dracaena Mahatma Variegated Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it.
- Do not overwater them suddenly.
- Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.